A: Your prime time eyeballs! “News at 5…” “Now, News at six, when YOU want it…” “News at 7, because News at 6 is SOOOO yesterday.” (That last one came from a recent Bay News 9 Commercial. Bay News 9 is a 24-hour local news station in the Tampa Bay area that repeats the same… Read more Question: What do Real Estate, “Turn Key Operations”, and Lawyers Have in Common?
Sorry for the downtime. Hurricane Katrina had us without any electricity or Internet for a few days. I’ll begin updating the site again soon. I’ve got a lot of pictures and video taken during the hurricane and through the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in South Florida (it made landfall about 10 miles south). Just got… Read more Back from the Black: Down Due to Katrina
Here are a few of the evil things that have happened on August 24: 79 AD: Mount Vesuvius erupts. The cities of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Stabiae are buried in volcanic ash. 1992: Hurricane Andrew puts the smack-down on south Florida, leaving billions’ worth of damage. Do you smell what the ‘cane is cooking? 1995: Evil… Read more Evil Things That Happened on August 24
If you’ve ever played Magic: The Gathering, or any other RPG-based card game, this is a must see: Photoshop a card for the game “Magic: The Farkening” Of course, with the news about the new hurricane heading here to beat our children, eat our bones, and kick our dogs after pelting them with french fries… Read more Magic: The Farking
I was at the gym today, doing an easy (read: stationary bike) workout in light of a recent back injury I apparently sustained this past Friday. Seeing as I’ve been taking it easy for the past few days due to the injury, and in light of the fact that I didn’t engage in much business… Read more The Evolution of the Soul: Does the Soul Presuppose a God?
Again, still messing around with the Stumble pluing for Firefox. I found this and a lot more in this picture gallery. Warning: Some of these pics are NSFW (not safe for work), and most are politically incorrect. Please view with caution.
I just started using the “Stumble” plugin for Firefox, and happened to — well — stumble upon this site, called Street paintings (These are all flat sidewalks). Seriously creepy, but seriously cool. Here’s a sample: Now, which is the painting, and which is the real person?
After years of rumors and speculation, the long awaited Aeon Flux movie is about to hit the big screen. The movie story line is basically this: in 2011 a huge plague wipes out 99% of the Earth’s population. By the looks of the movie, it was the ugly 99%. The remaining 1% — or “the… Read more Movie Preview Review: Aeon Flux
Just a quick note, if you’ve ever been curious about this whole “quantum physics” and “superstring theory” deal, head on down to PBS’s Nova site. There’s a great online show there called The Elegant Universe, based on the book by Brian Greene. It’s a great way to get going on a really complicated subject that… Read more Quantum Mechanics and String Theory for Dummies
From LinuxInsider: The open-source Firefox browser may be the new kid in town, but Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is out to show that the sheriff is back with a vengeance, according to some analysts. New figures from Web monitoring firm Net Applications reveal that Microsoft regained some ground from alternate browsers — including Firefox — last… Read more MS Reacts to IE Gains on Firefox